The Methodist Home for Children and Youth was established in 1872 by the South Georgia Conference of the United Methodist Church.
The First Baptist Church of Christ began in 1826, shortly after the founding of a frontier town called Macon, Georgia. From humble beginnings, the church grew rapidly, occupying four different sites in downtown Macon during the congregation’s first six decades. On May 15, 1887, the church family entered its present home, a lovely Gothic sanctuary at the “top of Poplar” street, situated on a hilltop overlooking the city.
Renovations to the Vineville United Methodist Church organ were recently completed and featured on the cover of The American Organist magazine. December 2009 issue.